Captains log

Visit my new blog -

Maverick The Story Teller

If you are here...don't feel shy to say hi!!

well life start with strangers..that is the principle of life..each electron.proton.neutron is a stranger to each other but they still exist as an atom...

-maverick

*PS - All views here are my own and personal views.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Being at peace with myself

What does going to a place of worship like a Gurudwara or a temple mean to anyone?

I dont know what it means to others but for me it is the chance or the opportunity that i get to be with me and only me. Sitting there listening to the shabad kirtan (hymns) simply allows you to be with yourself and let go off everything else. It allows me to seek forgiveness for anything wrong that i may have done intentionally or unintentionally. It allows me to forgive those who may have done wrong to me intentionally or unintentionally.

Being there allows me to be at peace with myself. It strengthens my faith in the fact that there is someone out there watching over you who will be with you till the time you are doing the right thing. It allows me to be a stronger man to take on the world and fight another day.

Sometimes i get to go to the Gurudwara but sometimes i dont and when i dont all i have to do is close my eyes and say to myself a small prayer concluding with "Wahe guru ji da khalsa..wahe guru ji de fateh".

6 comments:

Beauty and the BEast said...

I havent been able to put a finger on it myself, but there is something very peaceful about any spiritual space. Maybe its the sanctity. Maybe its the faith with which the visitors carry in their heart which rubs off onto you... who knows?!!

But it sure feels nice.. :)

maverick said...

@beauty and the beast..maybe it is wht u said..it does feel nice..it makes u feel calm from inside...

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Maverick, I always knew you were a beautiful soul and here you have expressed that in a magnificent way!!!

Have a super day, dear friend.

Hugs, JJ

Mysterious Mia said...

even reading this post brings peace to my mind.....reminds me of ik onkar from rang de basanti.....

btw going to a holy destination sure does bring peace of mind....cos i guess the place has a different charging in itself. anyways i must also admit i often do go to holy places for the food (:P)

maverick said...

@ jj - u r the sweetest :)

maverick said...

@ mysterious mia - where did the princess go?? :D and yes langar at gurudwara is awesome :)