Captains log

Visit my new blog -

Maverick The Story Teller

If you are here...don't feel shy to say hi!!

well life start with strangers..that is the principle of life..each electron.proton.neutron is a stranger to each other but they still exist as an atom...

-maverick

*PS - All views here are my own and personal views.

Friday, February 22, 2008

The 5 thing tag!!

Been given this tag by Cloudsie...n i better do it before she kills me :D...so here goes

Life 10 years ago: damn now u ll be able to figure out my age...lol...newaz was 14 then..abt to finish 9th standard..educationally life had become more complex than the previous yr..10th was coming up and the hint of having to perform well in the boards was already there (somehow managed to do tht :D)...had made some good friends in school and the cricket career in the colony where i stayed was at its peak..was one of the hardest hitting batsman at tht point of time :)...had a slight crush on a girl then and a major one on a school teacher (i mean so many of the guys had a crush on tht teacher)...lol....all in all life was simple...

Life 5 years ago: hmm....2nd of year of engineering..went into my specialization of IT in my engineering college...became frnds with people who r my best frnds till date...being the introvert i was in school..this is the time i really started to open up when talkin to girls...and the progress graph has been quite steep...lol..went on a few dates..didnt manage to have a relationship but had fun..my love for football returned and i managed to tweak into the college football team..started to explore Pune, the city where i was doing my engineering..1600kms away from my home...and enjoying the freedom that i had..with a certain amount of responsibility too :D

Life a year ago: almost abt to finish the first yr of my MBA then...was looking forward to doing my internship with one of the top FMCGs in India...college was fun again..had great friends here...was beginning to explore places around south India...had become a very practical person as a result of my work stint at HSBC for an yr as a software engineer..and emotionally very strong too...very few things could upset me...healthwise was not so good..had gained alot of weight..was still single..lol..was enjoying playing sports here at my institute..football..cricket...table tennis..badminton..u name it and i was playing them on n off...all in all life was fun..

Life tomorrow: A slimmer and healthier me...the weight loss is on track and going good...looking forward to working with the 2nd largest FMCG globally as Asst Mgr Sales n Marketing in its India operations (hint..think Persil)....would love to be in a relationship but then god knws when tht ll happen..i ve tried alot over the last 4 yrs..so im not trying anymore...i ll let the girl find me now...lol..but life tomorrow shall be good..if it aint..then i ll make it good..after all its my life..right??

5 snacks i enjoy: hmm..interesting a) French toasts tht my grandma makes b) Parantha's made by mom/grandma (yum they are c) Pizza tht i make in my style d) Maggi e) Mayonnaise sandwiches

5 locations tht i would like to run away to: a) New Delhi..any day...thts the place i love being in..its sadi dilli..my own city b) Pune...i love being there.. c) Alaska... thts one place i would love to open a dhaba (small indian roadside restaurant) d) Dubai...awesome place e) Jim Corbett national park...

5 bad habits i have:
a) sleeping late mostly
b) not drinking milk regularly (tho i shud b.its good for my health)
c) loosing my temper
d) being complacent

5 are too many...i generally keep the count of negative stuff like this at 3 or 4..lol

5 things i love to do: Drive fast (not rash), play football, read (novels, magazines, newspaper etc), constantly improve my flirting skills (long way to go..lol), pull my frnds legs ( i simple love doing tht )

5 things i ll never wear: dunno just ve one tht comes to my mind..baby wear??i mean i m too huge for tht now ....lol

5 biggest joys at the moment:

a) Great friends...school..engg..work..now MBA..all have given me great friends..n i ve many best friends..so thts one thing im happy abt :)

b) Amazing family..i simply love my folks..my bro..n my maternal grandfolks who stay with us..they are an amazing set of ppl..

c) A good job in hand..its a big relief factor..but also a fact tht makes me want to get into the work world n start enjoying

d) the fact that i love lost a good amount of weight over the last 10 months and i m continuing to do so...makes me look good n feel good too

e) The blog being appreciated by all its readers... lol...

5 things i dont like: a) People being unpunctual without informing b) politics in sports c) bitching abt frnds..gossiping is ok d) leaving work unfinished e) hypocrites

Something to achieve next yr: Get found out by a good girl to be in a relationship with :D

Something tht has impacted me last yr: Well its there in my november post..this is last yr calender wise..the impact was i discovered i was strong enough to handle almost anything :D

What i ll miss abt 2007: Dunno...lifes been good i believe

5 things i wanna do before i die:

a) Bunjee jumping
b) Sky diving
c) fly a Su 30 MKI or a F -22 raptor
d) Go into space
e) Visit Siachin glacier

wooof..tht was a long post...anyone who wants to take up is tagged to do so :)

let your views pour in!!

cheers!!

52 comments:

gypsy said...

"Something to achieve next yr: Get found out by a good girl to be in a relationship with :D"

LOL...

bestes....

:)nice tag...

Mez said...

Hey nice..i actually read the whole thing unlike other tags where I just glance thru bold lines.lol. Good one…nice to have known u mr. maverick. *handshake*.

maverick said...

@sinner..lol..well lets hope for the best...

thank u :)

maverick said...

@mez...u read the whole thing..wow..im honoured...and shakes back the hand :D...

Dalicia said...

oh now we know a lot of things about you!

maverick said...

@dalicia...lol..n tht is good or bad?

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Great blog post, Maverick. I am mesmerized by your charm. :D

Hugs, JJ

maverick said...

@jj...lol..really..what mesmerized u??please do let me know also :)

C'est la vie said...

Nice post Pc....
all the best...

Unknown said...

Wow, I think I learned more about you in that one post than I have the past few weeks. Now I just need some dirt to black mail you with and it'll be like we've been friends for years! haha

I think I may post this in the next few days, just to give you a heads up.

P.S. Skydiving is AMAZING!! I have gone and I already have my next jump bought. I'm so excited about going again!

maverick said...

@wonderful me..thank u...hope u r doing good :)

maverick said...

@cinn..lol..well thts what the post is suppose to do..enlighten u abt me...blackmail me..u can try anytime u want :)

i wanna go bunjee jumping first :D

RADhika said...

Hey a great way of writing a post.. very interesting read.. ur professional AND personal life is good.. :))

oh and hey, what are you rrrreeaally lloking forward to, or, what would be more exciting, bunjee jumping or a relationship??? :D

maverick said...

@radhika..welcome aboard...lol..really my personal life's good..lol...

wats more exciting..depends if i do bunjee jumping n find someone to do tht with :D

... said...

Now that you've done the tag, I shall spare. Thou shalt not be killed. And thou shalt find...a girl shalt find thee. :)
Nice!

[Warning : Clouds has been reading too much of Elizabethan Literature. Board exams do this to her.]

maverick said...

@cloudsie..lol..u r spared from being prosecuted for using victorian english..lol

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Mav...a fabulous list of things you want to do.

I say...Do them and keep addding to your list...um, always be safe, okay. This planet is lots better with you in it. :)

Ciao.

maverick said...

@spiky...i ld love to do all those..i hope i get to..

i ll try to b safe..the planet is better with all of us in it together :)

Lena said...

lol now every one knows your real age :D what a blow for you to have to give it out :P

anyways really was nice knowing more about you.

How easily do you usually use temper? shoulв ш beware? :D

Have a great sunday :)

maverick said...

@lena..yeah..i didnt want to let it out so soon..lol

lol u dont need to worry abt the temper thing :)

Lukkydivs said...

pehle lines padke lag raha tha i am reading someone's autobiography :D :D


nicely done tag :)

Keshi said...

Nice one Mav :)

**5 locations tht i would like to run away to

u didnt mention Aus at all. No worries. LOL!

Keshi.

maverick said...

@divya..lol...autobiography..ha ha ...ki haal chal?

maverick said...

@keshi...Aus..tht wud b the topper in the 5 places i sprint off too :D

Keshi said...

o plz dun lie! :)

btw I just updated my blog...come check out my FAMOUSNESS lol!

Keshi.

maverick said...

@keshi..lol..cmon...y wud i lie ?????

n ya i checked..even u got famous..lol

Keshi said...

liar liar undies on fire haaaaaaha!


LOL!

Keshi.

maverick said...

@keshi..lol...use d fire extuingisher..put of the fire whereever u ve got it on :D

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Howdy, Maverick. :D I hope you're having a pleasant evening. What's the favorite spot you have traveled to?

Hugs, JJ

maverick said...

@jj...its 8am here...we r abt 12 hrs ahead of u :)..favorite spot i ve travelled too...hmm..well i ve lived away from home for now 7 yrs..so its gotta b home for me as of now :D

Keshi said...

lols!

btw I got ur msg Mav...well wut can I say..why d u jump into conclusions abt me not wanting it etc? And I didnt ask u to keep asking did I? :) wait til the time is right ok...

;-)

Keshi.

maverick said...

@keshi...i didnt jump into a conclusion..jus tht definition of the right time is a lil ambiguous..so was wondering :)

Unknown said...

First off it's great to feel like I've learned so much more about you :)

Second, now I'm craving french toast.

Third, I grew up on the Alaska border so if you ever come I'll give you a tour of some areas.

maverick said...

@meghan..lol

first..well good if u feel like tht :)

second..if u r making some then i might as well ve some too :D

three..thank u for takin up the offer of a tour guide :) i ld like to see some polar bears too :D

Keshi said...

and now u deleted my comment? :)

Keshi.

maverick said...

@keshi...im sorry abt tht..but tht part of the conversation is between the 2 of us...thts y i removed it...ntn else..

Keshi said...

no worries.

Keshi.

maverick said...

@keshi...kewl..thnx :)

Muze said...

love this post. i may do this tag. seems your professional life is pretty darn awesome.

i didn't even realize you weren't in the US. it's kind of cool reading how you describe things and use kms instead of miles lol.

hope all is fantabulous. and thanks for your comments at mi casa!

maverick said...

@muze...lol..well go ahead n do the tag...

hmm...well my blog has always had an indian touch to it...didnt knw it was too international in nature..lol...hope u having a great time :)

(T) (H) (B) said...

5 is really a tat too many..

Anw, seems like people in Inida are higly educated like u.

Enigma - Quest for Excellence said...

@thb...lol...

well ppl in india are pretty well educated now...v r the worlds fastest growing economy along with China :)

freesherry said...

lol... that was one funny reply maverick :)

maverick said...

@sherry..lol..which one???

Pri said...

lol!! interesting indeed...
well hope ur miss right finds u soon enough ;)
and ohh liked the answers to 'life tomorrow' and '5 biggest joys' best...:)

keep rocking!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

great answers!
tells me ure enjoyin life
god bless u!

maverick said...

@pri..lol..yeah even i hope she finds me soon :D

maverick said...

@gunj...lol...never stopped enjoying life....y wud i stop doing tht ?? :D

Kunal said...

Hi,this is Kostubh from Corbett City Ramnagar the nearest town to Corbett Tiger Reserve. I actually read your article,you really hv a great art of expression.... …bravo for that. Anyways I m here in your blog to say that I m working is Corbett for more than 13 years and also working for travellers as a travel person and I know that you love to be here in corbett, so any time if you or anyone of your friend planning to come corbett,Feel free to contact me and I m sure you will get the best service for corbett.And plz keep it in mind its not for money matters only bt I love to help people so they can make there vacation more enjoying. You can mail me at thejungleguide@gmail.com or can call me directly at 09837092025 or at 05947253022. Good News for all: Corbett with 164 tiger is Asia’s No.1 Tiger Reserve for Tiger. Do a visit and b a part of tiger conservation programme.
Regards: Kostubh.

IncorrigibleV said...

ohho im super late this time...but glad to be back atleast :)
am glad to have read this entire tag, makes me feel like i know u a bit better :)...
btw next time dilli aaoge toh batana

maverick said...

@koustabh...sure..thnx :)

maverick said...

@vandita..lol...kewl..i ll b in del in mid april now :)