Captains log

Visit my new blog -

Maverick The Story Teller

If you are here...don't feel shy to say hi!!

well life start with strangers..that is the principle of life..each electron.proton.neutron is a stranger to each other but they still exist as an atom...

-maverick

*PS - All views here are my own and personal views.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

something stupid n daring i did a while back :)

well i dont knw from where this past memory came to my mind..probably it was because i was telling my sis about some daring n weird stuff i had done in college...so told her about this stupid n a lil daring act i performed during my engineering days...

in Jan 2006..i started talking to this girl whom i met online...she was doing her MBBS from manipal medical college in mangalore..yeah the same old girl about whom u ve read in the november 2007 posts..so we got talking...talked almost daily...n things started moving along...n then there was this mutual feeling that we should meet up...but how...she was in mangalore..n i was in pune...so wat to do???mangalore was like 20 hrs away...n it was easily a 3 day trip...so when should i manage it...this was the dilemma...

Help came in the form of the IIM Lucknow interview..i had accidently filled in the agri business course also in the CAT (the toughest MBA entrance exam in the world) 2004 examination form...and so i got a call to appear for the GD/PI at mumbai...this was my moment to go to mangalore too...so this is how the plan got formulated..

i roped in 3 of my friends...my real good friends to tag along with me with me till mumbai...they were aware of the situation..so they agreed...told my folks tht after the GD/PI i ll be going to mangalore as one of my frnds has to meet his cousins there and tht 3 of are going with him...im sure they knew something was fishy...anyways...asked them for some extra moolah to finance the trip....got the company guest house (where my dad works) booked in mumbai for 4 ppl..so that there are no deviations from my story...my friends were to come back the next day after my GD/PI and not come along with me to mangalore....bcos i needed them to b there in the guest house with me..or my plan could fail...

so 3 of us went to mumbai...stayed the night at the guest house...the guest house records were marked for 3 ppl staying put....roamed around mumbai that evening...went to the juhu beach...the marine drive..met up an old school friend...roamed around and raced around in his car...it was fun...

the next day i went for my gd/pi...and those idiot IIM guys didnt conduct it for most of us are under graduation qualification didnt meet their specification...n i knew this before hand...so i spent the day in mumbai...and in the afternoon..met up with my frnds...bid them adieu...they went back to college...n i boarded the train to mangalore...

reached there next day morning...she was there to receive me at the station...spent the most amazing 45 hrs of my life there...n then took the train back to mumbai...reached mumbai..changed trains and headed back to pune...

no glitches..no flaws in the plan...went off smoothly :D

but i told my mum abt this act after i had finished my engineering bcos i couldnt hide it frm them anymore..just didnt feel right to hide it anymore...

so lets hear what u ve to say :D

47 comments:

IncorrigibleV said...

would love to hear abt the amazing 45 hrs in detail :)
really nice story, im itching to pull something like that off ...

maverick said...

@vandita...lol..hmmm..wel abt those 45 hrs once im in del :)

lol..im sure u can pull off stuff like this anytime..

this incident was d 2nd time i pulled off such an thing :D

Anonymous said...

fir kya hua ? wo saath me he ? mav praji chup chup ke ? wo gaana yaad he ? deewana tera deewana from kabhi haa kabhi naa ?

u been lot of adventourous !!! aage kya hua ? waiting for next episodes

maverick said...

@ashu...read the november posts..u ll knw agge kya hua..

adventurous...hmm..pata nahi..just did wat was needed to b done :)

Keshi said...

**spent the most amazing 45 hrs of my life there

I dun wanna know anything else but WHAT YOU DID IN THAT 45hrs??? Tell us Mav!

Keshi.

maverick said...

@keshi...lol...well...in those 45 hrs...i borrowed alladin's carpet n flew arnd with her :D... LMAO

Keshi said...

yeah rite I'd hv to be on drugs to believe that. LOL now get on with it..tell us, I DEMAND.

Keshi.

maverick said...

@keshi...lol...n i ll ve to b way to high to tell all that here :D

AG said...

heyaa

waooo
ppl tend to do things like this all the time!!
i hope it was worth smthin
yaah pllzz elaborate on those 45 mins lolzz

cheers

Keshi said...

**...n i ll ve to b way to high to tell all that here

that line told us all wut happened. LOL haaaaaaaaaha!

No need to say anything more. NOW WE KNOW Mav. :):)


Keshi.

maverick said...

@aditi...it was worth a lot :)
n they were 45 hours..not minutes... :)...

maverick said...

@keshi..lol..u still wudnt have a clue of those 45 hrs :D

Solitaire said...

That's it?
That's the story?
What happened after those amazing 45 hours????????????

maverick said...

@solitaire...lol..well go to the november 2007 posts..u ll find 2 post s there..read them :)

Mez said...

Am more interested in those 45 hrs with a stranger ;) Out with the truth...NOW :)

Solitaire said...

Oh I just read them. SOME girls are truly funny!!

Chalo, tumhe practice ho gayi..

p_nami said...

That isn't that bad...glad to see a guy going above and behind for to see a woman!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

How romantic and cool of you!

But seriously, but what did you do with the other 43.5 hours?

I kid, I kid.

sounds like an amazing trip.

Keshi said...

45hrs of slacking ofcourse..just like ur abt to go on another trip *rolling eyes*

Keshi.

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Maverick, 45 hour DETAILS please!!! What places did you visit, what did you eat? Did she have any habits that bothered you? What does the girl's name rhyme with?

Wild wave!!! Amazing things are happening to me. Wish me luck. Can't say what it is yet.

Super post!!!

Hugs, JJ

freesherry said...

haha.. daring indeed
would give anything to do something like that.. may be not to meet someone.. but alone.. may be a road trip all by myself without anyone knowing where I am.. :sigh: its a dream I don't think would ever come true..

darkling said...

what comes next?????????

Pri said...

ahaaa...quite a daredevil u are eh? :p

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

boy dat sure was crazy...but lovely...but uske baad kya hua? r u guys togethr nw?

Lena said...

you see, people are so curious, everyone wants to know the details of 45 hours :P

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Hey mav...while I was a police officer, we (partner and I) had a call, there was a bank robbery...We got there and I grabbed the shotgun and quickly jumpped out the cruiser as two of the suspects came out of the bank, guns in hand. The third suspect followed seconds later with machine gun. Shots were fired...

This is a true story.

maverick said...

@mez...lol...not so soon :)..some other time i gues :D

maverick said...

@solitaire...i dont knw how funny it was...but yea i do laugh n smile wen i think abt those times :)

maverick said...

@dollface...ha ha ...well there's always a first time for people to knw abt new things :D

maverick said...

@meghan..lol..thanx for liking the post...the details of those 45 hrs will come sometime i gues :D

maverick said...

@keshi..lol... :D...i jus got back :D

maverick said...

@jj...glad to knw u r having a great time...n wish u all the luck in the world to succeed in them...well the details of those 45 hrs will come up sometime i gues :D

maverick said...

@sherry...u can always do that...not a big deal anymore..jus do take a satellite phone with u :D

maverick said...

@darkling...lol..only if i knw that..i ld b on tv predicting future :D

maverick said...

@pri...i wnt term myself like tht so soon :D

maverick said...

@gunj...yeah dat was crazy n lovely n awesome...to knw wat happened next do read the november 2007 posts :)

maverick said...

@lena..lol...well i gues wen the time comes they ll get to knw :)

maverick said...

@spiky..u keep amazing me..u were a cop??????? :D i ll surely hear out tht story...

Keshi said...

WB how was this 45hrs? :):)

Keshi.

maverick said...

@keshi..lol...these were more than 100 hrs of good fun n unwinding :D

Spiky Zora Jones said...

YO...mav, pssst, you tell me what happened in the 45 hours and I'll finish my story...hehehe. You'll get a big bag out of it...hum or did you already.

Yes, I was a cop, some chicks really dig it. I really didn't like it. It was boring then very exciting...like going from Zero to 110 miles an hour in 3 seconds.

I'm made for investigative work...I excell there.

Ciao babes.

maverick said...

@spiky...nice...so u r the next gillian anderson in making eh?? :D

she was hot in x files

Spiky Zora Jones said...

mav...Oh like yeah...I had such a crush on her when she was on X-Files...she's so hot and she has tattoos...I love a chick with tattoos.

Ciao babes.

maverick said...

@spiky..lol..well havnt seen her tattoos...but no doubt she was hot...one of the hottest at tht time :D

elusive said...

crazy crazy!hey but wat abt those amazing 45 hrs:p dont ya wanna put it down jus for the 'record'? i wish i do that some day..a blind date sumwhr far off..whacky.

maverick said...

@elusive..lol...the record is there with me permanently... :)...im game for the blind date thing..r u??